Inazuma Eleven [SPOILERS!]

For discussion of non-Pokémon anime and manga.
LightZephyr

Inazuma Eleven [SPOILERS!]

Postby LightZephyr » January 6th, 2017, 12:44 pm

Well, we have discussion threads for a lot of other franchises on this site already… most of which I am a part of already why Fal has yet to create this thread I will never understand…

As the thread's title goes, anything and everything about Inazuma Eleven will be discussed here, so please be wary of spoilers! Having said that, can I request that anything and everything of upcoming and ongoing Inazuma Eleven-related news (most notably anything and everything regarding Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin) be put behind a spoiler tag?

As a quick little introduction to those new to the franchise: Inazuma Eleven is a franchise where everybody can use super-power soccer techniques in order to try and win in soccer matches. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I look forward to see how other people think about this.

Let us now breathe new life into a franchise that is getting reborn!
"If you have the will to follow through with your beliefs, the results will follow naturally." - Shirai Kuroko

Xadhoom Xado

Re: Inazuma Eleven [SPOILERS!]

Postby Xadhoom Xado » January 8th, 2017, 12:03 pm

LightZephyr wrote:why Fal has yet to create this thread I will never understand…

It would seem that my fabulous hawkboy is not quite as fabulous as I had believed him. This, however, is mendable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

LightZephyr wrote:Inazuma Eleven is a franchise where everybody can use super-power soccer techniques in order to try and win in soccer matches
Sensationalized sports and gaming series: Soccer Edition. Gotcha.

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 13th, 2017, 12:05 pm

Guys, come on… give me a break… Zeph, you know how busy I’ve been lately… besides, I don’t want to clutter the site with discussion threads of franchises if I’m not 100% sure that other people (as in “anybody but LightZephyr” other people) are into those franchises as well.

But to prevent this thread to derail even more than it already has… text has been put behind a spoiler tag for reasons that should be very obvious. Yes, I know that reading the hint at what is behind the tag can be considered spoiling some contents of the arc in itself, but this is the best that I could do to talk as openly as possible about the franchise while remaining as respectful as possible by hiding as much content-wise behind spoiler tags as possible.

Also, keep in mind that:
1. “Inazuma Eleven” also includes “Inazuma Eleven the Movie: Saikyou Gundam Ogre”, “Inazuma Eleven (game)”, “Inazuma Eleven 2” (both versions), and “Inazuma Eleven 3” (all versions)
2. “Inazuma Eleven GO” also includes “Inazuma Eleven GO: Kyukyoku no Kizuna Gryphon” and “Inazuma Eleven GO (game)” (both versions)
3. “Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone” also includes “Inazuma Eleven vs Danball Senki W” and Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone (game)” (both versions)
4. “Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy” also includes “Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy (game)” (both versions).

Having said that, spoilers for the games shouldn’t be too big in the character department as, as far as I know, the games and anime were pretty well synchronized in terms of when the character was introduced to the general public (there may be a technique or two that was introduced earlier in the games than in the anime though i.e. a technique could have been released in the GO game but only came out in the Chrono Stone anime).

Favorite Character (Inazuma Eleven [episodes 001-127]):
Fubuki Shirou – I’ve dedicated post after post after post for this guy, and I will, at the very least, dedicate a part of this post to this guy as well right now. Fubuki Shirou has long since been a member of my top three favorite characters of all times (along with Silver from Pokémon Special and Ishida Yamato from Digimon), and while the top has been skewered a bit ever since I got into a whole handful of new (or should I say “old” considering how long they have been out already) franchises like Railgun (*cough* Saten Ruiko *cough*) back in 2016, I still love Fubuki Shirou a lot.

Fubuki is designed completely and totally around the theme of becoming and being perfect, and I can’t emphasize enough how big this is. A lot of people today struggle with this very notion as well, even if it is not to the same degree as Fubuki did, as today’s society is very competitive. “You have to be good in what you do in order to survive”. Even if that thought does not haunt you every single moment like it did Fubuki, it is still something that is at the back of people’s minds today.

I can’t really put my finger on the exact thing that I like about his relationship with Atsuya (especially the seemingly DID-like condition that Fubuki seems to be suffering from), but I found it fascinating at the very least. I found it very fascinating, and I enjoyed watching Fubuki fall before ultimately developing throughout the arc in order to cope with this.

Skills-wise… I really like Fubuki in that he is one of those characters (and one of the very few of which it was explicitly stated) who can effectively play in multiple positions, being able to play as either a Forward or a Defender with relative ease. This ability of his has also been taken advantage of by the team to surprise the opponent by having Fubuki move around the field a lot. It has even reached the point that Fire Dragon’s Captain claimed that Fubuki was a bigger threat than the team’s ace striker, Gouenji Shuuya.

I also feel like Fubuki grew a lot more in terms of character throughout the course of the original Inazuma Eleven, even among the protagonists (I always believed that Fubuki grew more than Gouenji, at the very least). As you should all know by now, I really like the depiction of character growth of characters, so having Fubuki grow so much is really nice.

As far as Fubuki’s actual techniques goes… they’re not overly powerful, but his brother’s Eternal Blizzard technique is sure to cause a chill to run down your spine. A relatively simple yet powerful technique, Eternal Blizzard has shown to be extremely powerful throughout the course of the series.

As far as a short list of other characters that I like goes… Kiyama Hiroto, Terumi “Aphrodi” Afuro, Sakuma Jirou, and Tobitaka Seiya.

Favorite One-Person Shoot (Inazuma Eleven [episodes 001-127]):
Eh… there are so many to choose from… in no particular order: Eternal Blizzard, Tenkuu Otoshi, Maximum Fire, Koutei Penguin Ichi-Go, Northern Impact, Heaven Drive, and Gladius Arch.

I mostly like them based on their animation (i.e. Heaven Drive) or how the character shouts out the technique (i.e. Koutei Penguin Ichi-Go or Tenkuu Otoshi).

Favorite Two-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven [episodes 001-127]):
Now this is a lot easier for me… in no particular order: The Hurricane, The Birth, Wyvern Blizzard, Crossfire, and Prime Legend.

This time around, my choices are primarily based on animation…

Favorite Three-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven [episodes 001-127]):
Eh… in no particular order: Grand Fire, Koutei Penguin San-Go, The Earth, Chaos Break, and Death Break.

Favorite Dribble Technique (Inazuma Eleven [episodes 001-127]):
In no particular order: Fujin no Mai, Heaven’s Time, and Meteor Shower.

Favorite Block Technique (Inazuma Eleven [episodes 001-127]):
In no particular order: Ice Ground, Snow Angel, Shinkuuma, Demon Cut, and Bunshin Defense

Favorite Catch Technique (Inazuma Eleven [episodes 001-127]):
In no particular order: Tamashii the Hand, God Hand X, Maou the Hand, and Capoeira Snatch.

Favorite Character (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]) (contains spoilers for Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone as well):
Amemiya Taiyou – I also mentioned this guy multiple times on this site already as well, so I don’t think that it should come as a very big surprise that I really like this guy as well. Taiyou is dubbed ‘the legendary genius player who comes once in a decade’, and while I may have my doubts regarding this title due to the fact that Taiyou has not been shown to be too overpowered, I would be lying if I said that Taiyou is not a powerful player.

That aside, Taiyou bears strong resemblances with another character that I really like: Kiyama Hiroto. They are the supposed ace strikers of their respective teams, they met and befriended the protagonist before they played against them, they have similar eye designs, they wear the number eleven jersey in their original appearance, and (spoiler alert!) wear the number eighteen jersey when they join the protagonist’s team. What’s more, Taiyou even got Hiroto’s Ryuusei Blade technique in the games! As a result, Taiyou felt a lot like the second generation’s Hiroto, and as I love Hiroto a lot, I ended up loving Taiyou a lot as well (I figure I would love Taiyou either way, but I just wanted to point out his resemblance with Hiroto :lol: ).

The animation of which Taiyou calls forth his Keshin is also my second-favorite (with my favorite being Shuu). Simple and clean, yet really showing off the power that is the Taiyou Shin Apollo!

My only complaint of Taiyou is that (spoiler alert!) he never got to use his Mixi-Max technique in the anime (instead being a game and movie exclusive technique). This is especially a shame as Taiyou’s Mixi-Max technique is by far my favorite Mixi-Max technique.

As far as a short list of other characters that I like goes… Hakuryuu, Tsurugi Kyousuke, and Shuu.

Favorite One-Person Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
In no particular order: Death Drop, Phantom Shot, Panther Blizzard, and White Hurricane.

Favorite Two-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
In no particular order: Fire Tornado DD, Joker Rains, and Zero Magnum.

Favorite Three-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
Evolution. I mean, not like there are a lot of three-people shoot techniques in Inazuma Eleven Go…

Favorite Dribble Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
Sprint Warp and White Blade. Yeah…

Favorite Block Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
In no particular order: The Mist and Hunter’s Net.

Favorite Catch Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
In no particular order: God Hand V, Crystal Barrier, and Burai Hand.

Favorite Keshin (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
Three-way tie between Hakuryuu’s Seijuu Shining Dragon, Amemiya Taiyou’s Taiyou Shin Apollo, and the fusion Keshin Matei Gryphon (Matsukaze Tenma/Tsurugi Kyousuke/Shindou Takuto). All of them are design-wise speaking.

A very very close second is Shuu’s Ankoku Shin Dark Exodus, followed by Tsurugi Yuuichi’s Ma Senshi Pendragon.

As far as favorite Keshin animation goes (as in “how the user calls forth their Keshin” Keshin animation)… definitely Shuu’s Ankoku Shin Dark Exodus. Close seconds are Amemiya Taiyou’s Taiyou Shin Apollo and Yukimura Hyouga’s Gousetsu no Saia

Favorite Keshin Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO [episodes 01-47]):
In no particular order: Shuu, Tsurugi Kyousuke, Tsurugi Yuuichi, Amemiya Taiyou, and Yukimura Hyouga.

Favorite Character (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
Fei Rune – Most of the characters that I like of this era of the franchise are actually returning characters from GO (Amemiya Taiyou is a notable example), but as far as Chrono Stone introduced characters go, Fei is the guy.

While I know that I didn’t put much thought into it the first time I watched through Chrono Stone, I really noticed it on my second run: there was something fishy about Fei from the get-go. As a matter of fact, Fei even openly admitted to being a Second Stage Child in one of the earlier episodes. As Chrono Stone continued, we learn more and more about Fei and the future, and everything gets flipped upside-down.

Fei is literally a bad guy who turned good… who turned bad… who turned good… yes… that’s Fei in a nutshell.

The moment I realized that Fei was actually the bad guy all along, he topped of the list immediately. I mean, yes, I am well aware that I’m a sucker for bad guys turning good (and, sometimes, vice versa), but I felt that Fei’s reveal was done pretty well. Chrono Stone is a big mind game (as to be expected for something of the nature that is Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone), so you forget the little details… I think that alone made Fei’s reveal that much better.

Techniques… hm… he got the “Fang” techniques through Mixi-Max (not a huge fan), but he also got Extreme Rabbit. I know I should not be liking this technique as much as I do, but I do. I love Extreme Rabbit (which makes me even more upset that it was only a one-off technique).

Fei is also the only character who used Keshin Armed and Mixi-Max simultaneously in the anime; as opposed to Taiyou who is the only character to accomplish that feat in the Strikers games. Coincidentally, both of them are my favorites of their respective eras (this and that doesn’t have anything to do with one another, I just thought it was a fun little fact to add).

As far as a short list of other characters that I like goes… Fran, Alpha, and Beta.

Favorite One-Person Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
In no particular order: Chaos Meteor, Dimension Storm, Disaster Break, Great Max Ore, Shoot Command 01, Shoot Command 06, Shoot Command 07, and Shellbit Burst.

Favorite Two-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
In no particular order: Great Blaster (yes, sue me) and Extreme Rabbit.

Favorite Three-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
Fire Tornado TC. Again, not like there are a lot of techniques for me to choose…

Favorite Dribble Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
All Delete and Spark Edge Dribble. I’m in real luck, aren’t I? The only dribble techniques that I really like didn’t even come out in the actual anime…

Favorite Block Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
In no particular order: Ichiyajou, Asterisk Rock, Grand Sweeper, and Screwdriver.

Favorite Catch Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
Eh… Shoot Command 07? I guess Reverse World applies as well…

Favorite Keshin (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
Not like there are a lot of Keshins in this part of the franchise, but… definitely Fei’s Kousoku Toushi Robin! I can’t really describe what it is about Robin that I like; I just really like it.

Others include Zanark Avalonic’s Makaiou Zodiac and Kongming’s Souten no Hasha Gyokuryuu (Shining Dragon 2.0, everybody!).

Favorite Keshin Armed design (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
In no particular order: Tsurugi Kyousuke, Hakuryuu, Shindou Takuto, Fei Rune, and SARU.

Favorite Keshin technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
In no particular order: Fei Rune, Zanark Avalonic, and Nanobana Kinako

Favorite Mixi-Max Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone [episodes 01-52]):
If one wondered where techniques like Tenchi Raimei and Kiku Ichimonji were: wonder no more!

In no particular order: Tenchi Raimei, Kiku Ichimonji, La Flamme, Setsuna Boost, and Taikoku Ouka.

Favorite Character (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
Matatagi Hayato – To be honest, Galaxy was rather underwhelming for me. I mean, don’t get me wrong; it was cool and I did enjoy it, but not only didn’t I find anything extraordinarily special about the characters (other than the fact that they are not, well… humans…), I also felt that the franchise had kind of run its course by the time of Galaxy. Anyhow, I still managed to find myself liking a handful of characters, with Matatagi Hayato being my top pick for Galaxy-introduced characters. I find that it is worth noting that Matatagi Hayato is the only non-ace striker forward of any team that I really like (with the exception of teams that are made up of two other teams like Chaos, Zero, and Dark Angel for obvious reasons).

In a lot of ways, Matatagi feels like the second generation’s Kazemaru Ichirouta: they are the first new member to join the protagonist, they were originally from the track team prior to picking up soccer (and, as a result, are heavily speed-focused), and they share a close bond with the protagonist (much more so than any other supporting character and almost of equivalent level as other main characters).

Matatagi is a very deep character if you go right down to it, and he is also one of those characters that perfectly describe some people in the real world. He, in short, has a lot of qualities that I really like, most notably his inner struggle between wanting to trust his friends and his inability to do so.

As far as Matatagi’s techniques goes… Parkour Attack is actually far from being my favorite technique (I mean, I know that some techniques take some building up but this one is just ridiculous…), but other than that… his Soul is really cool (both the technique as well as the creature itself), and his combination technique with Tsurugi (Black Dawn) is really cool as well.

As far as a short list of other characters that I like goes… Minaho Kazuto, Ryugel Baran, and Gandales Baran.

Favorite One-Person Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
Arashi Tatsumaki Hurricane and Stargazer. Nope, not a lot of one-person shoots that were introduced in Galaxy that I enjoyed…

Favorite Two-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
Black Dawn. Again, same problem as above…

Favorite Three-People Shoot (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
Sorry for the disappointment, but… yeah…

Favorite Soul (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
In no particular order: Matatagi Hayato, Bitway Ozrock, Tsurugi Kyousuke, Ryugel Baran, and Gandales Baran.

Favorite Dribble Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
ASOKONI UFO!! Ahem… yeah, I love that technique a lot. It was also hilarious because I was talking with a friend a few days before this technique’s debut aired about how nobody would fall for something like this… needless to say, I enjoy this technique a tad too much :lol:

Favorite Block Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
Hm… Judgement Ray would do…

Favorite Catch Technique (Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy [episodes 01-43]):
In no particular order: Rising Slash, Gekirin Dunk, and Rebound Layer.

It’s kind of unconventional for me to be writing more about the franchises in general after listing who and what I like in more detail. One of the reasons that made me choose this format is so to drown out the spoilers for those who want to know my general opinion of the franchise while not having to worry about getting spoiled.

I am going to say it right here and now: I love Inazuma Eleven. I love the franchise as a whole a lot, I love the characters, I love the plot, I love the techniques… I am well aware that anything and everything about Inazuma Eleven has its less-than-amazing points (as a matter of fact, I am pretty confident that I can name a thing or two that I find lacking about anything Inazuma Eleven-related that can be brought up). Does this make me think any less of the franchise? No.

I first got into Inazuma Eleven when I got into high school, and I think one of the biggest things that made me love Inazuma Eleven as much as I do is the fact that it is one of the very very very few franchises that I followed from basically the beginning until the franchise’s finale back in 2014. I got into the franchise around the time that the fifth episode of the original Inazuma Eleven aired in Japan (all the way back in late 2008), and I’ve been able to watch it grow and evolve over the years. I feel like this is worth mentioning, as I know that people tend to grow closer to franchises that are early in development so that they may watch said franchises grow over the months, maybe years, to come. Another thing worth mentioning is the fact that no other franchise holds the distinction where I started when it was just released and have been following it all the way until the franchise’s end. I guess it is safe to say that Inazuma Eleven holds a very dear place in my heart.

I honestly enjoyed Inazuma Eleven, Inazuma Eleven GO, Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone, and Inazuma Eleven GO: Galaxy a lot, and I cannot say just how happy I was when I heard of a new installment of Inazuma Eleven being announced for the summer of 2017! I know that I should not put my hopes up very high, especially considering that there is only so much that you can do in terms of plot, but I also know that Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin will surely live up to my expectations no matter how high I set them.

Talking about Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin… I need some place to talk about the two episodes of Inazuma Eleven: Outer Code that have already been released… for those who don’t know what that is, it is basically the “Pokémon Generations 2.0 of Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin”. Trying to describe what it is in a way that will not spoil the content of Outer Code… they are a series of five-ish minute episodes that focus upon a group of characters that will appear in Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin.

“Reaction” for the first episode of Inazuma Eleven: Outer Code.
I have mixed feelings about this episode, honestly. On the positive side, we have confirmation that Atsuya is not only alive but playing alongside Shirou. I’ve been looking forward to having Atsuya in action ever since I knew he existed, and so I was really happy to see him.

Then I sat down to think about it, and I have my doubts… most of Shirou’s developments as a character in the original Inazuma Eleven (my primary reason for liking him as much as I do to the point that I like Shirou more than my favorite Pokémon Special character) revolved around his mental struggle with Atsuya. This was the direct result of Atsuya dying. No matter how much people try to convince me, there is absolutely no way that Shirou will be the Shirou that I know and love if Atsuya did not die all those years ago. Feel free to disagree with me, but I am of the opinion that if you take away the single most important event that triggered a character’s growth, the character itself will not be the same (in comparison to before said event was taken away). As a result, I’m worried for Shirou…

Which makes me wonder how I will feel about my favorite character of Inazuma Eleven…

The fact that Someoka appeared as a member of Hakuren’s team is worrying as well, and something that brings forth a plethora of questions… Why is he at Hakuren? What happened at Raimon for him to not be in Raimon? Are the other members still in Raimon? If some are not, where are they now and why are they there and not at Raimon? How will Raimon grow as Raimon without Someoka?

While I enjoyed seeing the characters, I felt like this episode brought forth more new questions than answering old ones… how could they do this to my favorite character of the original Inazuma Eleven?

“Reaction” for the second episode of Inazuma Eleven: Outer Code.
I’m actually a big fan of the members of Aliea Academy and the Aliea Academy arc in general (if that has not been made clear already), but this episode, like its predecessor, left me with mixed emotions. We at least have confirmation that all of the Aliea Academy captains are not only back but they are on friendly terms with one another and play on the same team.

What makes me worry the most is of a similar origin as the previous episode: the fact that Kira Hiroto, the deceased son of Kira Seijirou, is alive.

I’ll be honest: based on first impressions, I don’t like him all that much, but that’s beside the point. Here’s to hoping for some nice character development!

What worries me the most is that Kiyama Hiroto, now Kiyama Tatsuya, will have to find a new way to develop into the Kiyama that we’ve all grown to know and love… the fact that Seijirou gave Kiyama the name Hiroto (due to his resemblance to his deceased son) in the original Inazuma Eleven is what caused Kiyama to be the Kiyama that we know from the Aliea Academy arc (and, consequently, the Kiyama Hiroto of FFI and IE:GO). Without that bond to Seijirou (which I doubt exists now that his son is alive; at least to the same extent), he will, like Fubuki Shirou, need to find a new way for me to like him.

Also, the sudden name change (while I will be the first to admit that I have yet to actually look for evidence) is bound to cause controversy among fans… it’s different if it were a new character with a new name, but this is an already established character getting a complete name change… I guess I will have to learn to call him “Tatsuya” from here on out…

Like the previous episode, I am really happy at the confirmation that the characters that were shown in this episode will appear in Ares no Tenbin. However, this episode also left a lot more unanswered new questions than answering old ones… how could they do this to my second favorite character of the original Inazuma Eleven?

EDIT: Hm… this post ended up longer than I thought it would end up…
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » January 14th, 2017, 7:53 am

In short, that is indeed what Inazuma Eleven is about, yes.

Also, wow Fal… why hold back now :P ? Not like I can talk as I will not be spending a lot of time talking about my faves, but still :lol:

I am also really looking forward to the new installment of Inazuma Eleven, and while I do not have as strong of a bond with the franchise as Fal does, I still like it a lot. I also agree with Fal; there is only so much that can be done around one main premise, so in that sense it might have been a good idea to have that three year hiatus.

Needless to say, Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin is going to be awesome and I am really looking forward to it!

I also kind of second Fal's reactions towards the two episodes of Inazuma Eleven: Outer Code…
"If you have the will to follow through with your beliefs, the results will follow naturally." - Shirai Kuroko

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 15th, 2017, 5:34 am

LightZephyr wrote:Also, wow Fal… why hold back now :P ?

Well, a part of me wants my post regarding Toaru Kagaku no Railgun's Saten Ruiko to remain my longest post on the site… another part of me wanted to just keep it short as I just don't have a lot of time or energy back when I wrote that post (or this one for that matter).

Eh, spoilers for Inazuma Eleven: Ares no Tenbin…
Apparently, there are going to be more returning characters than I thought there would be… I think I have to leave it at that…
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » January 18th, 2017, 7:28 am

I… see…

Well, since I have a bit of time to spare…

Favorite character - Overall (origin: Inazuma Eleven):
Kiyama Hiroto - How should I start this post? I really like this character for a lot of reasons… I really like his design, and while his hairstyle as Gran is not my favorite, his other hairstyles are all pretty good in my opinion.

Hiroto has also been shown to have a lot of skills outside of playing superpowered soccer that ranges from technological (Hiroto being the person who operated the main computer of Garshield Bayhan in episode 112) to survival (Hiroto was, at the very least, heavily implied to have been the one to get himself and Kogure Yuuya through the night in episode 100). In other words: Hiroto is also useful outside matches.

As a character and based on his personality, I cannot find the heart to not like Hiroto. He really cares for his friends and teammates, with a notable example being the effort that he put into helping Midorikawa Ryuuji at night (going so far as to also hide it from the others).

Hiroto also makes important plays throughout the matches that he played in. As a matter of fact, Hiroto scored a goal, whether through his own technique or using a combination technique, against Raimon in every one of their matches (multiple times each match), Desert Lion, Fire Dragon, The Empire, The Unicorn, Dark Angel, Team Garshield, The Kingdom, and Little Gigant (x2). He also set up goals perfectly in other matches (like the Dragon Slayer V3 + Shin Bakunetsu Screw attack on The Kingdom). In short: Hiroto knows what he is doing.

Second favorite character - Overall (origin: Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stone):
Fei Rune - For much the same reasons as Fal. While there were other characters before him, I felt like Fei's reveal was a really big one (and one that was harder to see coming than, say, Hitomiko's or Hiroto's). As a result, Fei grows quite a bit as a character throughout the course of the Chrono Stone arcs (despite being "set aside" when the other Raimon members returned).

That is basically my main reason for liking Fei… I also really like his designs, whether as regular Fei, Tyranno!Fei, Big!Fei, or Armed!Fei. Extreme Rabbit and Mangatetsu Rush were also pretty cool techniques, and I find it a shame that they were only one-off techniques…

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 19th, 2017, 11:06 am

Spoilers for Ares no Tenbin.
The multitude of possible hairstyles that they give Fudou is amazing… I'm glad that they didn't change his hairstyle, though…

Return to “Anime & Manga”