Pokémon Academy Life

For discussion of various fan works not related to Pokémon Special.
LightZephyr

Re: Pokémon Academy Life

Postby LightZephyr » October 3rd, 2016, 4:25 am

Falneou17 wrote:I hope that they can continue production, though, as Academy Life is one of the better fangames out there.

Seconded.
"If you have the will to follow through with your beliefs, the results will follow naturally." - Shirai Kuroko

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » December 16th, 2016, 2:06 pm

Sorry for double-posting (it has been over two months, but still…), but I just checked the site and not only did they continue work on this but they have also created a trailer for the next version!
"If you have the will to follow through with your beliefs, the results will follow naturally." - Shirai Kuroko

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » December 17th, 2016, 2:36 pm

LightZephyr wrote:Sorry for double-posting (it has been over two months, but still…), but I just checked the site and not only did they continue work on this but they have also created a trailer for the next version!

Definitely looks interesting!
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

Rider

Postby Rider » December 19th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Falneou17 wrote:
LightZephyr wrote:Sorry for double-posting (it has been over two months, but still…), but I just checked the site and not only did they continue work on this but they have also created a trailer for the next version!

Seconded! I'm very much looking forward to the battle system!
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » December 20th, 2016, 9:11 am

Rider wrote:
Falneou17 wrote:

Seconded! I'm very much looking forward to the battle system!

Thirded! I cannot wait!

axlorg89

Postby axlorg89 » December 25th, 2016, 4:36 am

Oooh this looks really interesting. Judging from the screenshots, it definitely seems like the characters will be based on the gameverse since Ruby(game) does seem pretty laid back versus Ruby(manga) who is pretty unique and on top of it. Same with Hilbert since his game trainer animation feels similar to Red's (Eyes not shown and tipping hat, somewhat of a mysterious aura to it). Although a bit too much for me, I can do with it.

Game overall seems like it'll be fun and I can't wait to try it out when it's finished :D
12/1/2016
Favorite Pokemon Game: Diamond
First Pokemon Game: Emerald
Favorite Anime Pokemon Season: XY&Z (Except Fire beating Water)
Favorite PokeSpe Character: Hmm, this will be tough... I'll answer later
Favorite Starter: Piplup

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » December 25th, 2016, 8:58 am

axlorg89 wrote:Oooh this looks really interesting. Judging from the screenshots, it definitely seems like the characters will be based on the gameverse since Ruby(game) does seem pretty laid back versus Ruby(manga) who is pretty unique and on top of it. Same with Hilbert since his game trainer animation feels similar to Red's (Eyes not shown and tipping hat, somewhat of a mysterious aura to it). Although a bit too much for me, I can do with it.

Game overall seems like it'll be fun and I can't wait to try it out when it's finished :D

I've played all versions of the demo as it got released, so can confirm that the games were used as a basis for all the characters (with the exception of Yellow for obvious reasons). Apologies if that wasn't clear from earlier posts.
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

axlorg89

Postby axlorg89 » December 25th, 2016, 11:49 pm

Falneou17 wrote:I've played all versions of the demo as it got released, so can confirm that the games were used as a basis for all the characters (with the exception of Yellow for obvious reasons). Apologies if that wasn't clear from earlier posts.

Sorry xD I got a little bit too excited (or maybe sleepy... I made the post at 3 AM). I'll wait for the next demo (probably early 2017) to try it out.
12/1/2016
Favorite Pokemon Game: Diamond
First Pokemon Game: Emerald
Favorite Anime Pokemon Season: XY&Z (Except Fire beating Water)
Favorite PokeSpe Character: Hmm, this will be tough... I'll answer later
Favorite Starter: Piplup

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » December 27th, 2016, 2:07 pm

Either way, it is a great fangame that has my support if I could give them more!

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » March 6th, 2017, 5:47 am

Bumping this thread again as I just found out that they released another update. While I haven't actually tried it myself (nor am likely to do so in the very near future), it looks very good from where I'm sitting.

Rider

Postby Rider » March 6th, 2017, 8:29 am

Falneou17 wrote:Bumping this thread again as I just found out that they released another update. While I haven't actually tried it myself (nor am likely to do so in the very near future), it looks very good from where I'm sitting.

Ah, have they? Considering my Spring Break is coming up, it looks like I can try it soon.
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » March 6th, 2017, 4:17 pm

Rider wrote:
Falneou17 wrote:Bumping this thread again as I just found out that they released another update. While I haven't actually tried it myself (nor am likely to do so in the very near future), it looks very good from where I'm sitting.

Ah, have they? Considering my Spring Break is coming up, it looks like I can try it soon.

They have, and I look forward to checking it out when I finally get time to do so… it really looks amazing, even in comparison to the earlier versions!

Rider

Postby Rider » March 8th, 2017, 1:35 pm

So since I didn't have much to do, I went ahead and got through the latest demo of Pokemon Academy Life. Don't want to spoil anything, but it is very enjoyable and the character interactions are really realistic and nicely written.

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » March 10th, 2017, 4:02 pm

Rider wrote:So since I didn't have much to do, I went ahead and got through the latest demo of Pokemon Academy Life. Don't want to spoil anything, but it is very enjoyable and the character interactions are really realistic and nicely written.

I'll be trying it out tomorrow when I'm fully recharged again. I'm really looking forward to how this game will turn out when it is finally finished!

EDIT (next day): While I haven't actually finished the new demo, I must say that I'm really impressed with how much it has improved and had been added since the last update…

Return to “Other Works”