pokespe's (non-existent) anime adaptation

For any and all talk about the Pokémon Adventures/Pocket Monsters Special manga series.
FlameTaJaDoru

pokespe's (non-existent) anime adaptation

Postby FlameTaJaDoru » January 11th, 2017, 4:54 am

Now, we all know that an anime adaptation or this series will (probably) never be made.
But that doesn't mean we can't discuss the heck out of it! :D

So, IF Pokespe gets an anime adaptation, is there anything specific you guys want? Like, should it be a TV series or an OVA? Do you want them to adapt all of it from the RGB arc or just any specific arc? Or even an original story entirely? Any changes you want to be made so the anime flows better? Voice actor wishlist?
And yes, I meant that.

FlameTaJaDoru

Re: pokespe's (non-existent) anime adaptation

Postby FlameTaJaDoru » January 11th, 2017, 4:58 am

Personally, I want an anime adaptation of the RS arc, with the ending slightly changed to make it less deus ex machina-y.
Also, a DP arc adaptation, definitely. I love those 3 dorks too much.
And yes, I meant that.

Glaceon Mage

Postby Glaceon Mage » January 11th, 2017, 8:16 am

Well, my impossible dream is to just get rid of the main anime an replace it with Special adapting, but...

I think something like Generations would be better. Shorts focusing on different events throughout the series. However, if that's done, I hope it's handled better than Generations was, since that series ha things like the Green/Blue/Kanto Rival/whatever episode that tried too much at once.
Image Image
"Courage is not being fearless. It is the ability to keep going in spite of your fear."

pika09

Postby pika09 » January 11th, 2017, 9:09 am

The main thing I want out of a (non-existent) anime adaptation for PokeSpe are confirmed VAs for the Dex Holders. Here's my wishlist (taken from an earlier thread):

Red: Kappei Yamaguchi
Green (M): Wataru Hatano or Kaito Ishikawa
Blue (F): Haruka Tomatsu
Yellow: idk yet
Gold: Yusuke Kobayashi or KENN
Silver: Mamoru Miyano
Crystal: idk yet
Ruby: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Sapphire: Kana Hanazawa
Emerald: Ayumu Murase
Diamond: Koutaro Nishiyama
Pearl: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Platinum: idk yet
Black: Yuki Kaji
White: idk yet
Lack-two: Miyu Irino
Whi-two: Aki Toyosaki
X: Takumi Watanabe or Kouki Uchiyama
Y: Nao Touyama
Sun: Tetsuya Kakihara or Daiki Yamashita
Moon: idk yet

HyperMaxGB

Postby HyperMaxGB » January 11th, 2017, 9:13 am

My own opinion is: If they are going to make an adaptation for it (will they?), the target audience might be different. Instead for kids, it might be intended for teens. Like, for example the RS arc (oh yes especially that arc) this arc contains not just kids having mutual feelings, but mind you death.
Oh and the DP arc too, those two, no three legendary pokemon are capable of destroying almost everything, and the fact that Dia was hit by Giratina (was it him? It has been while since ive read dpp arc), it's not kid friendly.
"It's the heart that counts"
IGN in vg: HyperEater42

VGBM

Postby VGBM » January 11th, 2017, 3:19 pm

I agree that Generations-style shorts would be better, but only because asking for a full series at this point would be ludicrous due to the sheer amount of catchup they'd have to do (and also animating any of it at this point would be enough to sate most fans, myself included). Pretending that wasn't an issue, though, I'd much rather have a full series.

And,
HyperMaxGB wrote:My own opinion is: If they are going to make an adaptation for it (will they?), the target audience might be different. Instead for kids, it might be intended for teens. Like, for example the RS arc (oh yes especially that arc) this arc contains not just kids having mutual feelings, but mind you death.
Oh and the DP arc too, those two, no three legendary pokemon are capable of destroying almost everything, and the fact that Dia was hit by Giratina (was it him? It has been while since ive read dpp arc), it's not kid friendly.

Personally, I don't think the mere concept of death is enough to make something "not kid-friendly". If anything were to raise the show's rating, it'd probably be the infamous pokéboob scene, or the arbok one before it.

Rider

Postby Rider » January 11th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Just gonna put it out there that I share the sentiment of replacing the actual anime with an adaptation of Special.

The one thing about this topic is I still don't understand why they don't just do stuff like in Pokemon Origins. An adaptation of Special would be awesome, but I still think Origins was pretty good and it would definitely bring in ratings, as long as it was T-rated (by American standards, at least, since I don't know how such ratings work elsewhere).
I also think it's safest to put the rest of my post under spoiler tags here.

HyperMaxGB wrote:Oh and the DP arc too, those two, no three legendary pokemon are capable of destroying almost everything, and the fact that Dia was hit by Giratina (was it him? It has been while since ive read dpp arc), it's not kid friendly.

Yep. Dia took a blow from Phantom Force to the chest and stomach and somehow magically ended up in the Distortion World instead of actually dying. I still don't understand how that happened though...
Last edited by Rider on January 14th, 2017, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

yuensilosa

Postby yuensilosa » January 12th, 2017, 1:32 am

I think this is a great idea if they split with the actual "Ash and Pikachu" anime that aimed for little kids and a mature Pokespe type anime for teens and adults.

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 13th, 2017, 12:14 pm

I'm with you guys but tend to lean more in favor of Rider's post especially due to the mention of Origins. Yes, Origins was short, but I would like to believe that a Pokémon Special adaptation much like Origins could work.
Not like it is something I am hyping myself up for seeing as I don't think it will come true, but… you know… one can hope…
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

yuensilosa

Postby yuensilosa » January 14th, 2017, 2:01 am

Imagine Yellow and Emerald being animated. As well as Pokespe exclusive villains like Carr, Orm and Sird, also Blaise and Amber

HyperMaxGB

Postby HyperMaxGB » January 14th, 2017, 5:28 am

yuensilosa wrote:Imagine Yellow and Emerald being animated. As well as Pokespe exclusive villains like Carr, Orm and Sird, also Blaise and Amber

*heavy breathing*
"It's the heart that counts"
IGN in vg: HyperEater42

i am serperior

Postby i am serperior » January 15th, 2017, 10:00 am

Honestly I hate the idea if pokespe goes for the generation route because pokespe is not that memorable when compared to the games and is going to be boring like why your waste your time with 5 minutes I agree what rider said an ova is a much better idea
i don't post often as i use too :|

Strawhattheheck

Postby Strawhattheheck » January 20th, 2017, 11:56 am

Movies or just some episodes, Pokespe animated would be amazing. I don't think that there will be one but if there was one, I'd prefer like 12 episodes covering at least the first 3 arcs. That said, a movie wouldn't be bad and I would absolutely love it if GSC got a movie adaption. The end of the GSC arc animated would definitely be amazing.
Free Black

VGBM

Postby VGBM » January 21st, 2017, 2:03 am

If it took the generations route, idk how far it would go, but I think 1 ep per volume would be a good summary.

thefalconofthefall

Postby thefalconofthefall » January 21st, 2017, 2:49 am

I don't know, but an anime adaption is heeelllaaaaa interesting. Fills in plot holes and shit!
I SMELL POKESPE MADNESS

Just another pidgey

Postby Just another pidgey » January 21st, 2017, 7:58 pm

if we ever get Deoxys vs Mewtwo animated, I would die a very happy man.

Fallan

Postby Fallan » January 21st, 2017, 9:36 pm

I'm not really too fussed about Pokespe getting an anime adaption. It would be nice to see how it all looks animated but at the same time I'm worried that they may change some things. I really don't want to get into any arguments with fans that only watch the anime, over what's canon and what's not.

This happens a lot with series...

Return to “Pokémon Special/Adventures Discussion”