What do you ship?

For discussion and translation of all fan and doujinshi Pokémon Special works.
pika09

Re: What do you ship?

Postby pika09 » December 29th, 2016, 8:33 am

Fallan wrote:
pika09 wrote:
Fallan wrote:I'm sensing some confusion haha.

I have a headcanon/theory that Norman is Platinum's father that came about from a crack-pairing that actually managed to gather some legitimate evidence...

*gasps* But, but, I kinda like LightJewelShipping lmao

What evidence are you talking about?

On a side note, now that I've finally gotten my hands on Shogakukan Asia's XY volumes, I'm now starting to like Tierno/Shauna. Damn, ever since the start of the arc they've had so many subtle ship tease like Shauna clinging to Tierno's arm every single time the group is caught by surprise, the two being the ones to team up to find Mega Stones, etc. Is their ship name in PokeSpe the same as their game ship?

I think Tierno/Shauna is Sundanceshipping but there is another name, one name being the games/anime the other being Spe. I shipped them too pretty much from the start haha. Laverreshipping beta couple.

It's not really evidence really but coincidences that just line up nicely. I did write it out properly on tumblr but heres a summary.

-The Salamence incident which involves both Norman and Yanase takes place 5 years before RS, so 9 years before ORAS. DPPT takes place 3 years after HGSS/ORAS making Platinum 8 during ORAS meaning she was born roughly a year after the Salamence incident.
-Platinum doesn't really resemble her parents much (especially her dad) but she does look very similar to Ruby who looks just like Norman.
-Ruby and Platinum also have similar personalities (not expressing true feelings, pride, concerns about how others percieve them etc). All these traits are similar to Norman.

I mean, I am looking into it too much but still....

Hell yeah, fellow Tierno/Shauna shipper! rip trevor. it's okay, you were the narrator anyway

Hehe, that does make sense......... though I'd still prefer Ruby and Platinum to not be siblings since I liked shipping them as a crack ship (same with Sapphire/Diamond and Pearl/Sapphire hahaha).

Fallan

Postby Fallan » December 29th, 2016, 9:16 am

pika09 wrote:
Fallan wrote:
pika09 wrote:
Fallan wrote:I'm sensing some confusion haha.

I have a headcanon/theory that Norman is Platinum's father that came about from a crack-pairing that actually managed to gather some legitimate evidence...

*gasps* But, but, I kinda like LightJewelShipping lmao

What evidence are you talking about?

On a side note, now that I've finally gotten my hands on Shogakukan Asia's XY volumes, I'm now starting to like Tierno/Shauna. Damn, ever since the start of the arc they've had so many subtle ship tease like Shauna clinging to Tierno's arm every single time the group is caught by surprise, the two being the ones to team up to find Mega Stones, etc. Is their ship name in PokeSpe the same as their game ship?

I think Tierno/Shauna is Sundanceshipping but there is another name, one name being the games/anime the other being Spe. I shipped them too pretty much from the start haha. Laverreshipping beta couple.

It's not really evidence really but coincidences that just line up nicely. I did write it out properly on tumblr but heres a summary.

-The Salamence incident which involves both Norman and Yanase takes place 5 years before RS, so 9 years before ORAS. DPPT takes place 3 years after HGSS/ORAS making Platinum 8 during ORAS meaning she was born roughly a year after the Salamence incident.
-Platinum doesn't really resemble her parents much (especially her dad) but she does look very similar to Ruby who looks just like Norman.
-Ruby and Platinum also have similar personalities (not expressing true feelings, pride, concerns about how others percieve them etc). All these traits are similar to Norman.

I mean, I am looking into it too much but still....

Hell yeah, fellow Tierno/Shauna shipper! rip trevor. it's okay, you were the narrator anyway

Hehe, that does make sense......... though I'd still prefer Ruby and Platinum to not be siblings since I liked shipping them as a crack ship (same with Sapphire/Diamond and Pearl/Sapphire hahaha).

Trevor is the honorary fifth wheel so he's all good. It's takes a lot to be a third wheel but being a fifth wheel takes a special kind of champion.

Yeah LightJewelShipping may be just a little weird if they were siblings... I guess I never really shipped it because of the timeline (Ruby's about 7 years older than Platinum) but as a crack-pairing their similarities would be cute.

pika09

Postby pika09 » December 29th, 2016, 9:27 am

It's funny because one of the few Laverreshipping fics out there had Shauna/Trevor as the beta couple. Oh well.

Also, I finally got around to filling out that shipping meme from tumblr to help clear up my preferred tastes. Here it is:
pksp ships 2.png
pksp ships 2.png (147.97 KiB) Viewed 519 times

A few comments:
- Commoner and Laverre are the tier 1 ships aka the I'LL DIE FOR THIS SHIP tier. Ultra-biased towards them
- MangaQuest, Frantic, and Agency are tier 1.5 aka the ships I also really like but not that dedicated towards
- I've started to care less and less about the Kanto quartet ships except for maybe Lucky (I blame Crt for this)
- I tend to crackship/brotp my favorite characters a lot with each other, as you can see hehe
- Uh.... I don't like Amber thanks to a fic I read years ago that kinda tainted my view on it
- I have..... really complicated feelings for Corrupted. A large part of me absolutely dislikes how forced it is but there's still a part of me that finds it somewhat interesting?? I expect a disaster for this ship tbh
- Sun/Moon aren't here but they're currently tier 1.5 already, let's see how it goes from here

Trainer Storm

Postby Trainer Storm » December 29th, 2016, 10:55 am

Hi, fellow CommonerShipper! :D

It's also nice to see some people who share my love for Tierno/Shauna. SunDanceShipping is the name of the pairing in the games and anime, but me and FalconOfTheFall (can't remember if he's on these forums or not) made the decision a couple months ago to change the name of the Spe pairing to SaltStorm because Spe!Shauna is definitely not sunny, and it's not until the finale that Tierno really gets to do any dancing.
The Trainer's School kids are my children, and they will return~
except Blake. screw him.

pika09

Postby pika09 » December 29th, 2016, 11:30 am

Trainer Storm wrote:Hi, fellow CommonerShipper! :D

It's also nice to see some people who share my love for Tierno/Shauna. SunDanceShipping is the name of the pairing in the games and anime, but me and FalconOfTheFall (can't remember if he's on these forums or not) made the decision a couple months ago to change the name of the Spe pairing to SaltStorm because Spe!Shauna is definitely not sunny, and it's not until the finale that Tierno really gets to do any dancing.

What does the Storm in SaltStorm mean then, though?
(and tbh i actually prefer pokespe!shauna to game!shauna, she's way more fun and interesting XD )

Glaceon Mage

Postby Glaceon Mage » December 29th, 2016, 11:32 am

Why not

Comments:
- I don't know why, but even though I love Special, I only avoid shipping Red with other characters. Yellow, for some reason, is completely shippable.
- I'm in the corner of "People who like Feelingshipping"
- Petashi/Leo is cute. He should be here.
- I... can't see FrontierShipping in a romantic light. She was a volunteer at his orphanage, if I remember right. That makes it really strange to me, if that makes any sense.
- I'm vaguely interested in the inevitable heartbreak that is Corrupted. Well, inevitable unless Blake/Rakutsu develops feelings too, but he doesn't seem the type. He's probably too professional to let that interfere. Eh, character development I guess? Need more info.
- Entourage is OT3, can't choose.
- Sun should meet Platinum sometime.
- Same for Yellow and Faitsu.

Maybe I should make a sorter for this?
Image Image
"Courage is not being fearless. It is the ability to keep going in spite of your fear."

Xadhoom Xado

Postby Xadhoom Xado » December 29th, 2016, 2:31 pm

Glaceon Mage wrote:- I... can't see FrontierShipping in a romantic light. She was a volunteer at his orphanage, if I remember right. That makes it really strange to me, if that makes any sense.

Okay, I'm going to break this one all the way down, as calmly and reasonably as I can while also refraining from engaging in some very-enticing coarse language.

You remember right that she was a volunteer at his orphanage, but that is all there is to that - nowhere in the series has she ever indicated that it matters to her on a personal level that he lives there. She doesn't, not once, identify him as "my friend specifically from the orphanage", nor does she go out of her way to treat him differently specifically and unambiguously because of that fact.

While I can understand why this would make the pairing unappealing, it makes no sense, logical or ethical, to first say "I dislike this pairing for having a subjective power imbalance in the junior-volunteer-worker-and-child-in-care dynamic' and then turn around and say 'I like this other pairing (Feeling) even though it can equally be said to have the same characteristic I disdain, via the mentor-and-student dynamic'.

I'm not even sure why you felt "I, like the vast majority of the fandom, cannot see Frontier in any romantic context because reasons" to be worth saying. Quite frankly. it would be only for the best that you just stop talking about this pairing, and leave Frontier to the people who actually care.

EeveeChu

Postby EeveeChu » December 29th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Xadhoom Xado wrote:I'm not even sure why you felt "I, like the vast majority of the fandom, cannot see Frontier in any romantic context because reasons" to be worth saying. Quite frankly. it would be only for the best that you just stop talking about this pairing, and leave Frontier to the people who actually care.

Xad. Frontier has obviously become a cursed subject to talk about here. There are literally four fans. Four. one of them is me but who cares anymore
Maybe five. I don't know.
But it's become kind of unnecessary for you to rant about Frontier because we have all heard the same thing a ton of times, obviously no one's listening, and I do believe that not keeping opinions to yourself has made you rather unpopular.

Anyways... [insert long, not-so-friendly rant and "it's time to stop" gif here]

Trainer Storm wrote:It's also nice to see some people who share my love for Tierno/Shauna. SunDanceShipping is the name of the pairing in the games and anime, but me and FalconOfTheFall (can't remember if he's on these forums or not) made the decision a couple months ago to change the name of the Spe pairing to SaltStorm because Spe!Shauna is definitely not sunny, and it's not until the finale that Tierno really gets to do any dancing.

I personally liked the sound of the first name, but the newer name does sound much better for them.
Falcon isn't on the forums, as far as I can remember, and if I could guess, Falcon most likely doesn't want to run into certain people here.
also falcon isnt a "he"
All I ever do is hide on Discord and love Falcon.

Eggman

Postby Eggman » December 29th, 2016, 5:05 pm

Xad, it was an opinion, cool your jets. They can talk about any pairing they so please regardless of whether or not you agree with it. It's really not necessary to get so up in arms about a sentence long personal explanation as to why they don't like a ship (and, moreover, nobody cares)

I never even thought of Sun meeting Platinum.... That'd be adorable. And hilarious

i am serperior

Postby i am serperior » December 29th, 2016, 5:17 pm

Or what about gold sun and platinum those three will have a good friendship :lol: the same could be applied with diamond and silver
my status
im losing interest in this comunity and pokespe ,that's why i don't post often as i use too,i'm going to be inactive for a while or maybe a year,i might return if something interesting happens here or in pokespe

pika09

Postby pika09 » December 29th, 2016, 7:50 pm

i am serperior wrote:Or what about gold sun and platinum those three will have a good friendship :lol: the same could be applied with diamond and silver

Oh damn I forgot about Diamond/Silver!! It's a great potential brOTP. Lately I like the idea of Red/Dia/Silver/Gold/Pearl Proteam Omega team too.

I'm the same with Glaceon Mage too since I usually avoid shipping one half of my OTP with other characters while ship the other half with everyone (usually this is my favorite character). That's why for Laverre I hate shipping X with anyone else but at the same time ship Y with everyone. :D I used to be this with Commoner too, but I've started to like shipping Platinum with other characters as much as I do with Diamond.

Fallan

Postby Fallan » December 29th, 2016, 10:12 pm

pika09 wrote:
i am serperior wrote:Or what about gold sun and platinum those three will have a good friendship :lol: the same could be applied with diamond and silver

Oh damn I forgot about Diamond/Silver!! It's a great potential brOTP. Lately I like the idea of Red/Dia/Silver/Gold/Pearl Proteam Omega team too.

I'm the same with Glaceon Mage too since I usually avoid shipping one half of my OTP with other characters while ship the other half with everyone (usually this is my favorite character). That's why for Laverre I hate shipping X with anyone else but at the same time ship Y with everyone. :D I used to be this with Commoner too, but I've started to like shipping Platinum with other characters as much as I do with Diamond.

I wonder what's the theory behind shipping only one half of the OTP?
I used to also ship Ruby with Gold, White, Courtney, Platinum, Lissia and Zinnia (there's probably more).
But Sapphire was just nope, only Ruby, that's it.
Although nowadays I find it hard to ship either with anyone else hehe. I'm too lazy for crack-pairings or multi-ships these days :P.

Yet my other ships I could never multi-ship, only Franticshipping or ships I'm neutral to.

pika09

Postby pika09 » December 30th, 2016, 5:42 am

Fallan wrote:
I wonder what's the theory behind shipping only one half of the OTP?
I used to also ship Ruby with Gold, White, Courtney, Platinum, Lissia and Zinnia (there's probably more).
But Sapphire was just nope, only Ruby, that's it.
Although nowadays I find it hard to ship either with anyone else hehe. I'm too lazy for crack-pairings or multi-ships these days :P.

Yet my other ships I could never multi-ship, only Franticshipping or ships I'm neutral to.

I think it's something along the lines that for our OTPs, we want the other half to stay loyal to their partner? I mean, it's almost natural for us to pair our favorite characters with everyone, but for our one true pairing with our favorite character, we want their pair to stay loyal to them? Something like that I think. I'm like this in my old major fandom too hehehe

Xadhoom Xado

Postby Xadhoom Xado » December 30th, 2016, 8:10 am

EeveeChu wrote:Anyways... [insert long, not-so-friendly rant and [b]"it's time to stop" gif here][/b]

Believe me, E, I would wholeheartedly applaud it if the fandom as a collective would cease discussing Frontier.

axlorg89

Postby axlorg89 » December 30th, 2016, 8:18 pm

I just finished Diamond and Pearl (Need to move onto Platinum but first...!)

Comments:
-I pretty much believe in otp really meaning ONE true pairing (at least per franchise because it's impossible for me otherwise). So Agency took that spot with my heart.
-As usual, my brotps are e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. Most notably I added an "Ultimate BrOTP" which is the DPP crew. They have great chemistry and work nicely with eachother. Especially support wise. I do really like commonershipping and I guess to a very certain mild degree haughtyshipping/absurdistshipping but I can't really wrap my head around polygamy ships in general.
-Nothing really changed in the Kanto Quartet except now I'm starting to gain interest (although not shown here) in Lucky... Blame Crt.
-I won't really discuss GCS because... Well I don't really need to say anything explaining why now do I? Other than Crystal, no other changes.
-A couple brotp's added and I pretty much find Whi-Two's and Lack-Two's relationship as an interesting one when the truths are out (I can't take it seriously though).
-If I could add something, I'd probably put Sun and Moon between 'meh why not' and 'like very much' since I do want to see some more moments.
12/1/2016
Favorite Pokemon Game: Diamond
First Pokemon Game: Emerald
Favorite Anime Pokemon Season: XY&Z (Except Fire beating Water)
Favorite PokeSpe Character: Hmm, this will be tough... I'll answer later
Favorite Starter: Piplup

Trainer Storm

Postby Trainer Storm » December 31st, 2016, 12:32 am

I've created a poll to determine what ship name should be used for Spe Sun/Moon.

A couple notes on the ship names chosen:
> EclipseShipping is already the name for the gameverse ship, so please don't tell me I should have put it on there.
> DeliveryShipping is already Delibird x Dragonite, which is a pretty obscure ship, but the person who's accepting Sun/Moon ships seems to be pretty stingy about it so it may need to be changed to DeliverShipping so it's not a repeated name.
> TikiShipping comes from the fact that there's a an Indonesian courier agency named Tiki and it's also kind of a Hawaii thing so yeah.
> The sun and the moon are 150 million kilometers away from each other.
except Blake. screw him.

pika09

Postby pika09 » December 31st, 2016, 2:52 am

Trainer Storm wrote:I've created a poll to determine what ship name should be used for Spe Sun/Moon.

A couple notes on the ship names chosen:
> EclipseShipping is already the name for the gameverse ship, so please don't tell me I should have put it on there.
> DeliveryShipping is already Delibird x Dragonite, which is a pretty obscure ship, but the person who's accepting Sun/Moon ships seems to be pretty stingy about it so it may need to be changed to DeliverShipping so it's not a repeated name.
> TikiShipping comes from the fact that there's a an Indonesian courier agency named Tiki and it's also kind of a Hawaii thing so yeah.
> The sun and the moon are 150 million kilometers away from each other.

Is it too late to suggest CustomerShipping as an alternative to DeliverShipping? Either way, I voted for Deliver(y) shipping. The reference in TikiShipping might be a little too obscure (thus, a repeat of Laverre) and 150millionkmawayShipping is too long and, frankly, too paradoxical for a ship name.

Glaceon Mage

Postby Glaceon Mage » December 31st, 2016, 8:01 am

Went with Pyukumukushipping, mainly because it's cute.

Also please no repeats of what happened on Serebii with that anime ship...
Image Image
"Courage is not being fearless. It is the ability to keep going in spite of your fear."

Eggman

Postby Eggman » January 1st, 2017, 12:01 am

Also went with Pyukumukushipping, for the same reason as Glaceon.

I was thinking Totalityshipping could work as well. :0 It's a phrase used to describe eclipses, so it's keeping in the sun/moon theme, and I don't think it's taken yet. Plus it kinda matches the gamecanon one without being too similar to be confused.

axlorg89

Postby axlorg89 » January 1st, 2017, 1:12 am

Personally went with Deliver(y)shipping because it makes some sense.(and yes I am savage enough to steal a ship name for two Pokemon that I can't find any fan/art/fiction/anything for.) Pyukumukushipping seems cute but a little too long for my liking and 150millionkmawayShipping is too long imo. As for Tikishipping, I'm more or less neutral to it.
12/1/2016
Favorite Pokemon Game: Diamond
First Pokemon Game: Emerald
Favorite Anime Pokemon Season: XY&Z (Except Fire beating Water)
Favorite PokeSpe Character: Hmm, this will be tough... I'll answer later
Favorite Starter: Piplup

Trainer Storm

Postby Trainer Storm » January 1st, 2017, 12:09 pm

I still can't believe 150MillionKilometersAwayShipping is actually in second place, considering it was literally just supposed to be a joke :lol:
except Blake. screw him.

Rider

Postby Rider » January 1st, 2017, 12:29 pm

Trainer Storm wrote:I still can't believe 150MillionKilometersAwayShipping is actually in second place, considering it was literally just supposed to be a joke :lol:

That's probably why it's in 2nd place :lol:
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

Crt

Postby Crt » January 1st, 2017, 2:38 pm

Rider

Postby Rider » January 1st, 2017, 3:37 pm

I would imagine it's more like: "Tha...Uh, Thank...You. You know what I mean anyway!" :lol: Cute pic! Also added spoiler tag so this reply isn't super long.
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

pika09

Postby pika09 » January 1st, 2017, 9:31 pm

A BLESSED PICTURE

So many X/Y fanart cropped up after the release of XY volume 6 on the 28th god bless JP Spe fandom.

Return to “Pokémon Special Fan Works Discussion/Translation”