Pokémon Generations

For discussion of all Pokémon animation (main series, Chronicles, Origins, etc.).
Falneou17

Re: Pokémon Generations

Postby Falneou17 » November 24th, 2016, 9:39 am

Yeah, probably… I should have realized that myself… whoops…
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » November 24th, 2016, 11:21 am

They were both really nice! I guess I am jumping on the bandwagon regarding how I like how the Gym Leaders appeared in episode 13, though…
"If you have the will to follow through with your beliefs, the results will follow naturally." - Shirai Kuroko

Trainer Storm

Postby Trainer Storm » November 28th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Rider wrote:And that line: "Ghetsis told us we were the chosen ones!" So you're just going to be like "Oh yeah, that sounds right to me!"? My lord, that line dripped arrogance and left me shaking my head. Kind of wish that was a better line, because it just makes them look like bad guys pretending to be good, whereas they were people who were fairly convinced they were doing the right thing and has some valid points.

Well, that's another one of those lines that's taken almost directly from the games: "Ghetsis called us the chosen ones. He chose us and gathered us here so we can change the world! For us, defeat is impossible!"
The Trainer's School kids are my children, and they will return~
except Blake. screw him.

i am serperior

Postby i am serperior » December 2nd, 2016, 12:41 pm

The new episode is out and N and ghestis ftw
Frieza: would be most salubrious. sorbet: I'm not sure I know that word sir. frieza: it's mean "beneficial to a person health and well being".

Trainer Storm

Postby Trainer Storm » December 2nd, 2016, 1:13 pm

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
except Blake. screw him.

Glaceon Mage

Postby Glaceon Mage » December 2nd, 2016, 1:37 pm

Hi Touya/Hilbert, I thought you and your dragon were off in some other region failing to find N.

Kinda surprised N got Reshiram, since I always found Ideals more fitting than Truth for the guy, besides the guest star, it played out pretty similarly to the game.

I do like N's character a lot though so I wound up liking the episode as a whole simply because of him.
Image Image
"Courage is not being fearless. It is the ability to keep going in spite of your fear."

Rider

Postby Rider » December 2nd, 2016, 4:04 pm

Nice episode. I especially loved it because of both N and my favorite theme in all of Pokemon :lol:
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » December 3rd, 2016, 6:53 am

N never ceases to make appearances interesting :lol:
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

VGBM

Postby VGBM » December 3rd, 2016, 2:14 pm

That Unwavering Heart at the end was a really nice touch. (I don't blame 'em either, that's one of those pokémon songs that just everyone loves.)

Glaceon Mage

Postby Glaceon Mage » December 9th, 2016, 1:05 pm

New Episode, focused on Lysandre

I like the portrayal of his character, but the voice and design for him feel a bit off... Overall, though, this is one of my favorite episodes. Then again, Team Flare is my third favorite Team because I'm weird.
Image Image
"Courage is not being fearless. It is the ability to keep going in spite of your fear."

Rider

Postby Rider » December 9th, 2016, 1:40 pm

I liked Lysandre in this episode. It was kinda cool seeing him not as an evil team leader, but still see that side of him near the end of the episode.
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

i am serperior

Postby i am serperior » December 9th, 2016, 3:45 pm

This was a Meh episode I hated lysandre and diantha voice in this but the team flare music at the end is awesome
Frieza: would be most salubrious. sorbet: I'm not sure I know that word sir. frieza: it's mean "beneficial to a person health and well being".

Trainer Storm

Postby Trainer Storm » December 9th, 2016, 4:11 pm

The music in general is awesome. The arrangements of Team Flare's theme and Lumiose City's theme sound amazing. And I didn't mind their voices necessarily, but I wasn't a big fan of the voice acting. In particular, the interview with Lysandre when he was talking about why he donated money to this one Pokemon Center sounded flat and emotionless. I honestly think I prefer Lysandre's performance in the main anime rather than in this episode.
except Blake. screw him.

Glaceon Mage

Postby Glaceon Mage » December 16th, 2016, 12:30 pm

Emma and Looker Episode

Not much really happened here, tbh.

I liked the Lysandre episode more, still.
Image Image

i am serperior

Postby i am serperior » December 16th, 2016, 3:01 pm

What an underwhelming episode kinda like the gen 1 episodes and I'm tired seeing the looker like seriously how many episode he is going to appear

VGBM

Postby VGBM » December 16th, 2016, 3:35 pm

i am serperior wrote:What an underwhelming episode kinda like the gen 1 episodes and I'm tired seeing the looker like seriously how many episode he is going to appear

What did you expect? I would've been surprised if there wasn't an episode about the Looker post-game. I will say I was a little disappointed with how short this one is. Iirc all the others have been 5-8 minutes, but this one was only 3, and I expected Xerosic to at least be mentioned at some point. Oh well.

Anyway, only one episode left, and it will mostly likely be about Az. My guess is it will be the final scene where his floette returns to him. I hope it makes me cry again.

Glaceon Mage

Postby Glaceon Mage » December 23rd, 2016, 12:34 pm

AZ Episode

About what is expected, but dang I came so close to crying.

Kinda wish they declared an Eternal Flower Floette distribution though.
Image Image

VGBM

Postby VGBM » December 23rd, 2016, 2:39 pm

Glaceon Mage wrote:AZ Episode

About what is expected, but dang I came so close to crying.

Kinda wish they declared an Eternal Flower Floette distribution though.

Same, though I probably would've come a lot closer if the time limit didn't make the episode feel so rushed. I think the Spear Pillar episode had the same problem.

i am serperior

Postby i am serperior » December 24th, 2016, 10:57 am

I kinda liked this episode but Is kinda rushed well Pokemon generation is over it was good while it lasted This was an OK series I like the animation in some episode and I really like seeing the location from all the gens my only complaint some of the episode was kinda boring and I'm still salty about episode 3 voice acting
Last edited by i am serperior on December 24th, 2016, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VGBM

Postby VGBM » December 24th, 2016, 2:09 pm

It was overall a pretty good series. If I had one complaint, I guess it would be that it was a little misleading. The initial commercial said that it would be the "untold stories," but in reality, it was mostly just the stories we already knew but told at slightly different angles. If any of the episodes were truly "untold" it would be the Old Chateau one in Sinnoh and the Giovanni one in Kanto. If all the episodes were like that, it would've been even better.

Return to “Pokémon Anime”