So what's up?

For discussion of everything else.
Rider

Re: So what's up?

Postby Rider » January 1st, 2017, 7:23 am

I'm about 6 hours late given the time it is where I am, but still: Happy New Year, y'all!
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 2nd, 2017, 3:17 pm

Not even forty-eight hours into the new year and they're already pushing us to the limit… hooray…
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

Rider

Postby Rider » January 2nd, 2017, 6:37 pm

Falneou17 wrote:Not even forty-eight hours into the new year and they're already pushing us to the limit… hooray…

That...doesn't sound fun, to say the least...
“I used it only because I trusted my Pokémon!! Because I know Cacturne, MY Cacturne would not hit the Pokéball… I may be weak, but I trust my Pokémon to be strong!!” Wally

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 3rd, 2017, 10:10 am

Rider wrote:
Falneou17 wrote:Not even forty-eight hours into the new year and they're already pushing us to the limit… hooray…

It sounds worse than it actually is, but… being active academically for the entirety of the day when you're used to three-and-a-half-hour school days is quite a big jump… especially right after a holiday…
“I lived to find my own battle and to attain my own goals… I was ready to do anything. But that battle has ended today. I will not regret my actions, no matter what punishment is meted out to me.” Silver (Pokémon Special Chapter 180)

Rider

Postby Rider » January 3rd, 2017, 10:24 am

Falneou17 wrote:
Rider wrote:

It sounds worse than it actually is, but… being active academically for the entirety of the day when you're used to three-and-a-half-hour school days is quite a big jump… especially right after a holiday…

Ah yeah, holidays really dull my academic "senses" a fair bit. It's always hard to jump back, but I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck!

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 3rd, 2017, 10:39 am

Rider wrote:
Falneou17 wrote:
Rider wrote:

Ah yeah, holidays really dull my academic "senses" a fair bit. It's always hard to jump back, but I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck!

Thanks :) the good part is that we are free to leave if we finish early, so I actually left quite early today :lol:

i am serperior

Postby i am serperior » January 7th, 2017, 1:31 pm

I updated my avatar again and I just made an account on serebii forums
my status
im losing interest in this comunity and pokespe ,that's why i don't post often as i use too,i'm going to be inactive for a while or maybe a year,i might return if something interesting happens here or in pokespe

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 13th, 2017, 12:07 pm

I slept more than three hours today! Hooray! That's more than twice the average since last Friday… I knew I was busy but wow…

Also, yeah, I'm back :D

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » January 14th, 2017, 7:45 am

That is not something to be proud of, Fal :P … were you not the one who kept insisting for us to get enough sleep? I hope you rested up well…
"If you have the will to follow through with your beliefs, the results will follow naturally." - Shirai Kuroko

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 15th, 2017, 5:28 am

Fair enough :lol:

Oh well, back to writing fourteen different stories…

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » January 26th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Hm… they apparently changed my weekly schedule… not that I am complaining as this guarantees a long weekend every weekend, but still… it is quite sudden… oh well :lol:
"If you have the will to follow through with your beliefs, the results will follow naturally." - Shirai Kuroko

Nicole135

Postby Nicole135 » January 27th, 2017, 12:44 am

Whew. After... what, 3 months? 4? I FINALLY uploaded the first prologue part of my 10th and FINAL (hopefully) story, Legacy. Yay... ... Hell, it's about damn time.
I keep forgetting that I have this forum account!

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » January 27th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Is "good job" the right reaction for that?

I just found out that if you look up "μ" on wikipedia, you will find a mention of the μ's from Love Live in there as well. My day has been made :lol:

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » January 28th, 2017, 8:08 am

:lol: that's a great discovery :P :lol:

CarcharOdin

Postby CarcharOdin » February 1st, 2017, 3:55 am

America is a fucking madhouse right now. Barely a week and Trump has done more than enough to ruin America's reputation abroad for generations to come.

California, where I live, is now seriously considering secession. Trump and his posse of ultra-alt-right conservatives probably won't do anything to fight it; they WANT California to leave because they view us as a bunch of hippie liberal parasites despite the fact that we have the strongest economy and highest production of goods in the whole country. Taking each state in the union on it's own, California has the 6th strongest economy in the world (we're richer than France and Canada) and not all Californians (or liberals) are afraid of guns....there'll be more than enough people who'll be happy to form our military if we break away.

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » February 1st, 2017, 6:02 am

To be fair, though, did any of us expect any different?

Also, I'm probably not the right person to be saying this, but just because one man destroyed the reputation of the country does not mean that the other countries in the world do not offer their support to those who need it.

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » February 1st, 2017, 1:39 pm

While I am pretty sure that most people would have seen it by now, I really like this "response" video.

Rider

Postby Rider » February 1st, 2017, 2:21 pm

LightZephyr wrote:While I am pretty sure that most people would have seen it by now, I really like this "response" video.

This video made my day :lol:

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » February 1st, 2017, 2:31 pm

Rider wrote:
LightZephyr wrote:While I am pretty sure that most people would have seen it by now, I really like this "response" video.

This video made my day :lol:

Greetings from the Netherlands! The fact that I am a Dutchie aside, I felt a video like that deserved sharing :lol: and to everybody wondering: all the places/events/people who were mentioned really exist here :) Madurodam's AWESOME!

Also, I know she does not have an account here (why does she not have an account here?), but special thanks to Namitaa776 for sending that video's link to me :)

Xadhoom Xado

Postby Xadhoom Xado » February 1st, 2017, 2:49 pm

I legit lolled at the "Danish... total disaster" part.

CarcharOdin

Postby CarcharOdin » February 1st, 2017, 5:53 pm

I felt right at home when I visited Amsterdam last year.

Kind of helps that I have strong Dutch ancestry.

Just another pidgey

Postby Just another pidgey » February 1st, 2017, 8:06 pm

Best thing I've seen all week. You've done this site a great service, zephyr.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » February 2nd, 2017, 2:37 am

LightZephyr wrote:Greetings from the Netherlands! The fact that I am a Dutchie aside, I felt a video like that deserved sharing :lol: and to everybody wondering: all the places/events/people who were mentioned really exist here :) Madurodam's AWESOME!

Also, I know she does not have an account here (why does she not have an account here?), but special thanks to Namitaa776 for sending that video's link to me :)

Hehehe, only time and place where you feel tall, huh Zephy :P :lol: ?

What I am worried about is that "America First, Netherlands Second" thing… among things that the US President did was banning Muslims in the US. Here in the Netherlands, we have someone running for Prime Minister who has… similar opinions… about Muslims.

But, either way, yeah… greetings from the Netherlands, everybody :)

LightZephyr

Postby LightZephyr » February 2nd, 2017, 7:14 am

I am glad that everybody enjoyed it :lol:
Falneou17 wrote:Hehehe, only time and place where you feel tall, huh Zephy :P :lol: ?

Actually, yes. That is why I love going there ;)
Falneou17 wrote:What I am worried about is that "America First, Netherlands Second" thing… among things that the US President did was banning Muslims in the US. Here in the Netherlands, we have someone running for Prime Minister who has… similar opinions… about Muslims.

Just make a difference; an Islamophobic person rose to power once already this year, we cannot allow a second!

Falneou17

Postby Falneou17 » February 2nd, 2017, 4:57 pm

I'm just putting it out here: I really like the fact that that video received generally positive responses, even from people from countries that were "made fun of".

Return to “Everything Else”